Shanghai Shrimp Stir-Fry
- cal. (kcal) 397
- Prep: 5 mins
- Cook: 15 mins
rice stick noodles
low-sodium soy sauce
plus 1/8 tsp salt
mini sweet peppers,tops trimmed, quartered
sugar snap peas
medium onion, thinly sliced
raw cleaned shrimp (thawed if frozen)
sweet chili sauce
fresh lemon juice
Asian chili-garlic sauce
- Bring a large pot of lightly salted water to boiling. Add rice noodles and cook 3 minutes. Drain.
- Heat 1 tbsp of the oil in a wok or very large skillet over medium-high heat. Add noodles, 1 tbsp each of the soy sauce and rice vinegar and 1/4 tsp of the salt. Stir-fry 2 minutes. Transfer to a platter.
- Return wok or skillet to medium-high heat and add remaining 2 tbsp oil. Add peppers, snap peas and onion. Stir-fry 4 minutes. Add shrimp and cook 5 minutes, stirring, until opaque. Season with remaining 1/8 tsp salt.
- Meanwhile, whisk together sweet chili sauce, remaining 2 tbsp each soy sauce and rice vinegar, the lemon juice and chili-garlic sauce. Stir into wok and cook 1 minute. Pour over noodles on platter and serve.
- Shell Game Shrimp are significantly cheaper when you clean them yourself. Watch our how-to video at familycircle.com/cleaningshrimp.