Sour Cherry Rice Pudding
- cal. (kcal) 408
- Makes: 4 servings
- Prep: 5 mins
- Slow Cook: 4 hrs 50 mins LOW
- Stand: 10 mins
- Cool: 30 mins
arborio rice, rinsed and drained
Pinch of salt
Pinch ground nutmeg
- Combine 1 cup water, rice and evaporated milk in a 2- to 3-quart round slow cooker.
- In a small saucepan, cook sugar and milk over medium-high heat for 1 minute or until bubbles appear around edges and sugar has dissolved. Stir into slow cooker with salt. Cover and cook on LOW for 41/2 hours.
- While rice is cooking, bring cherry juice to a boil and pour over cherries in a small bowl; let stand 10 minutes. Drain, reserving juice.
- Stir cherries, 3 tbsp of the warm juice, the cinnamon and nutmeg into slow cooker; cover and cook on LOW for 20 minutes more.
- Turn off slow cooker and allow pudding to cool, partially covered, for 30 minutes.
Nutrition Information for Sour Cherry Rice PuddingServings Per Recipe: 4
PER SERVING: 408 cal., 1 g total fat (1 g sat. fat), 7 mg chol., 202 mg sodium, 87 g carb. (3 g fiber), 11 g pro.