- cal. (kcal) 242
- Makes: 5 servings
- Prep: 25 mins
- Slow Cook: 4 hrs on HIGH
seasoned bread crumbs
grated Parmesan, plus more for garnish
pine nuts, chopped
clove garlic, grated
fresh lemon zest plus 1 tbsp lemon juice
melted unsalted butter
- With a very sharp knife, cut top third off each artichoke. Trim stems to 1/4 to 1/2 inch. With scissors or kitchen shears, snip off pointed tips of remaining leaves. Gently pry open leaves of artichokes.
- In a large bowl, combine bread crumbs, Parmesan, pine nuts, parsley, garlic, lemon zest and juice and butter. Stir until well combined.
- Hold one of the artichokes over bowl with stuffing mixture. With a large spoon, press stuffing into center of artichoke and into spaces in between leaves, packing as tightly as possible. Repeat with all artichokes.
- Combine wine with 1 cup water in a 5-quart slow cooker. Place artichokes in slow cooker and cook on HIGH for 4 hours. Use a large spoon to carefully remove artichokes to a platter. Garnish with additional Parmesan. To eat, pull a leaf from artichoke and scrape between teeth to remove stuffing and soft part of leaf at base.
- For easy cleanup: Line your slow cooker with a disposable slow cooker liner. Add ingredients as directed in recipe. Once your dish is finished cooking, spoon the food out of your slow cooker and simply dispose of the liner. Do not lift or transport the disposable liner with food inside.
Nutrition Information for Stuffed ArtichokesServings Per Recipe: 5
PER SERVING: 242 cal., 11 g total fat (4 g sat. fat), 16 mg chol., 493 mg sodium, 30 g carb. (10 g fiber), 10 g pro.