- cal. (kcal) 552
- Makes: 8 servings
- Prep: 25 mins
- Bake: 40 hrs at 350°F
- Cook: 17 mins
broccoli rabe, tough stems trimmed, roughly chopped
jumbo pasta shells
1 -1 1/4
spicy chicken sausage, casings removed, crumbled (uncooked)
Chavrie goat cheese with basil and roasted garlic
Neufchatel cheese, softened
cabernet marinara sauce
- Heat oven to 350 degrees F. Bring a large pot of salted water to boiling. Add broccoli rabe and return to a boil. Cook 1 minute, remove with a strainer and let cool. Add pasta to boiling water; cook 10 minutes. Drain.
- Heat oil in a large skillet. Crumble in sausage and cook over medium-high heat until browned, 5 minutes. Meanwhile, squeeze as much water out of broccoli rabe as possible and chop. Add to sausage in skillet and cook 1 minute. Remove to a large bowl with a slotted spoon.
- In a medium bowl, stir together goat cheese, Neufchatel and egg yolks. Fold into sausage mixture.
- Spread 1/3 cup marinara into bottoms of two 9 x 9-inch or 11 x 7-inch dishes. Spoon about 1 tbsp filling into each shell; place in a dish. Repeat with all shells and filling.
- Divide remaining sauce between dishes. Sprinkle 1 cup mozzarella over each dish. Cover with foil and bake at 350 degrees F for 20 minutes. Uncover; bake 20 minutes more.
Nutrition Information for Stuffed ShellsServings Per Recipe: 8
PER SERVING: 552 cal., 27 g total fat (14 g sat. fat), 135 mg chol., 982 mg sodium, 44 g carb. (1 g fiber), 35 g pro.