Onion, Bacon and Spinach Tart
- cal. (kcal) 295
- Makes: 8 servings
- Prep: 10 mins
- Cook: 34 mins
- Bake: 15 mins at 375°F
- Bake: 20 mins at 325°F
- Broil: 1 min to 2 mins
refrigerated rolled piecrust (from a 15-ounce package)
bacon, cut crosswise into 1/4-inch slices
yellow onions (about 4), halved and cut crosswise into 1/4-inch slices (6 cups)
shredded Gruyere cheese
- Heat oven to 375 degrees F. Fit piecrust into 9-inch tart pan. Trim excess crust from top edge of tart pan; refrigerate while preparing filling.
- Heat a large nonstick skillet over medium heat. Add bacon to skillet and cook, stirring often, for 8 minutes. Add spinach to skillet and cook 1 minute, stirring until wilted. Using a slotted spoon, remove bacon mixture to a paper-towel-lined plate.
- Return skillet to medium heat and add onions, 1/4 teaspoon salt and the thyme. Cover and cook 25 minutes over medium heat, stirring occasionally, or until browned. Remove from heat and allow to cool, uncovered, 5 minutes.
- Whisk together eggs, half-and-half, pepper and the remaining 1/2 teaspoon salt. Stir bacon mixture and onions into eggs; stir to combine. Pour egg mixture into crust. Bake at 375 degrees F for 15 minutes. Reduce heat to 325 degrees F and continue to bake 20 minutes.
- Heat broiler. Sprinkle tart with Gruyere and broil for 1 to 2 minutes. Let stand 5 minutes before slicing and serving.
Nutrition Information for Onion, Bacon and Spinach TartServings Per Recipe: 8
PER SERVING: 295 cal., 17 g total fat (7 g sat. fat), 107 mg chol., 483 mg sodium, 26 g carb. (3 g fiber), 8 g pro.