Sugar-Free Blueberry Tarts
- cal. (kcal) 281
- Makes: 8 servings
- Yield: 4 tarts (8 servings)
- Prep: 20 mins
- Chill: 2 mins or overnight
- Bake: 35 mins at 375°F
cup (1 stick)
cold unsalted butter, cut in pieces
fresh blueberries (about 2 cups)
- In medium bowl, whisk together flour and salt. Add butter and mix into flour with a pastry blender or your fingers until crumbly. In a small bowl, stir together maple syrup and 1/4 cup plus 1 teaspoon cold water. Add water mixture to flour mixture and toss together with a fork until dough begins to come together. Gather dough into a ball; divide in 4 equal pieces. Flatten each into a disc, wrap in plastic and refrigerate 2 hours.
- Heat oven to 375 degrees F. Place blueberries in a large bowl. In small bowl, stir together maple syrup, cornstarch and lemon zest. Gently combine with blueberries. Set aside.
- Roll out one pastry disc to an 8-inch circle. Transfer to a nonstick baking sheet. Fold over 1/2 inch of dough all around pastry, forming a decorative edge. Repeat with remaining pastry. Divide blueberry mixture evenly among pastry rounds, about 1/2 cup in each (spread berry mixture in single layer).
- Bake tarts at 375 degrees F for 35 minutes, until pastry is browned and filling is set.
Nutrition Information for Sugar-Free Blueberry TartsServings Per Recipe: 8
PER SERVING: 281 cal., 12 g total fat (7 g sat. fat), 30 mg chol., 77 mg sodium, 42 g carb. (2 g fiber), 3 g pro.