Sweet & Sour Meatballs
- cal. (kcal) 42
- Yield: 36 meatballs
- Prep: 15 mins
- Microwave: 15 mins total
- Stand: 10 mins
(8 ounces) crushed pineapple in juice
(8 ounces) tomato sauce
unseasoned bread crumbs
eggs, lightly beaten
- Place pineapple, tomato sauce, vinegar and sugar in an 11 x 7 x 2-inch microwave-safe dish. Stir to combine. Cover with microwave-safe plastic wrap and vent at one corner. Microwave on HIGH for 5 minutes. Set aside, covered.
- In a large bowl, mix together the veal, bread crumbs, eggs, chili powder, cumin and salt. Roll 1 tablespoon of the veal mixture into a small meatball. Repeat, for a total of 36.
- Spray a second 11 x 7-inch microwave-safe dish with nonstick cooking spray. Place half of the meatballs in dish, cover with plastic wrap and vent. Microwave on HIGH for 3 minutes. Transfer meatballs to dish containing sauce. Recoat second dish with nonstick spray; microwave remaining uncooked meatballs for 3 minutes. Add to sauce.
- Cover sauce and meatballs with plastic wrap and vent. Microwave on HIGH for 4 minutes. Stir; re-cover and let stand for 10 minutes.
- Serve meatballs as an appetizer, or spoon over cooked noodles as a main course, if desired.