- cal. (kcal) 108
- Makes: 24 servings
- Prep: 25 mins
- Cook: 2 mins per batch
shredded Cheddar cheese
vegetable oil, for frying
eggs, slightly beaten
- Wearing plastic gloves, cut stem end off jalapeno peppers with paring knife. Carefully remove seeds and white membrane.
- Stuff peppers with cheese.
- Heat oil in deep-fat fryer to 375 degrees F or in large pot until it registers 375 degrees F on deep-fat frying thermometer.
- Meanwhile, place eggs in small bowl. Place crumbs in shallow pan.
- Drop 4 peppers in eggs; toss to coat. Using fork, lift 1 pepper at a time out of egg, shaking off excess. Drop into crumbs; toss to coat. Place on sheet pan. Repeat 5 more times with remaining peppers. When all peppers are coated, set aside for 15 minutes to set up and dry.
- With slotted spoon, slip peppers, 5 or 6 at a time, into hot oil. Fry 2 to 3 minutes, until golden. Remove to platter lined with paper toweling to drain. Repeat with remaining peppers. Serve immediately. Makes 24 poppers.
Nutrition Information for Jalapeño PoppersServings Per Recipe: 24
PER SERVING: 108 cal., 6 g total fat (2 g sat. fat), 34 mg chol., 125 mg sodium, 6 g carb. 4 g pro.