Tuna With Fresh Cherry Tomato Sauce
- cal. (kcal) 409
- Makes: 4 servings
- Prep: 15 mins
- Microwave: 25 mins
asparagus, ends trimmed
all-purpose potatoes, cut into 1/2-inch cubes
cherry tomatoes (about 18 ounces), halved
no-salt-added tomato sauce
hot cherry peppers, halved, seeds removed
tuna steaks, 1 inch thick
fresh basil leaves
- Place asparagus in a glass pie plate. Add 1/4 cup water and cover with microwave-safe plastic wrap, venting slightly at one corner. Microwave for 4 minutes.
- In an 8 x 8 x 2-inch microwave-safe dish, add potatoes and 1/2 cup water. Cover with plastic wrap, venting. Microwave for 10 minutes. Season with 1/4 teaspoon of the salt.
- Combine tomatoes, tomato sauce, peppers, oil, onion powder, dried oregano, garlic and 1/4 teaspoon salt in a microwave-safe 11 x 8 x 2-inch dish. Microwave, uncovered, for 5 minutes. Add tuna; spoon sauce over top. Cover with plastic wrap and vent. Microwave 3 minutes.
- Rotate dish, uncover and turn fish over; spoon sauce over top. Re-cover and microwave for an additional 3 minutes. Tear in basil leaves. Let stand, covered, 5 minutes.
- Serve tuna and sauce with room-temperature asparagus and
- potatoes, gently reheating for a minute or 2, if desired.
Nutrition Information for Tuna With Fresh Cherry Tomato SauceServings Per Recipe: 4
PER SERVING: 409 cal., 5 g total fat (1 g sat. fat), 80 mg chol., 761 mg sodium, 46 g carb. (7 g fiber), 45 g pro.