- cal. (kcal) 52
- Makes: 36 servings
- Prep: 25 mins
- Roast: 40 mins at 425°F
- Bake: 6 mins at 375°F
- Serving Size: pieces
tomatoes, seeded and cut into 1-inch pieces
small sweet red and/or yellow peppers, seeded and cut into 1-inch pieces
whole medium red onion, cut into 1/2-inch wedges
kosher salt or sea salt
ground black pepper
snipped fresh thyme
snipped fresh basil
whole-grain baguette (1 lb)
Parmesan cheese, thinly shaved
- Heat oven to 425 degrees . In a large bowl, combine tomatoes, sweet peppers, onion wedges and garlic. Add oil, salt and black pepper; toss to coat. Transfer mixture to a foil-lined shallow roasting pan.
- Roast at 425 degrees for 35 to 40 minutes or until vegetables are tender and slightly charred on the edges, stirring twice. Cool slightly on a wire rack. Lower oven temperature to 375 degrees .
- Transfer tomato mixture to a food processor. Cover and pulse with several on-off turns until mixture is chopped but still slightly chunky. Stir in balsamic vinegar and thyme.
- Slice baguette crosswise into 1/4-inch-thick slices (about 36 slices). Lightly coat bread slices with nonstick cooking spray. Place on a baking sheet. Bake at 375 degrees for 4 to 6 minutes or until golden and crisp, turning once. Cool on a wire rack.
- Stir basil into tomato mixture. Top each bread slice with 1 tbsp of the mixture and some of the Parmesan.
Nutrition Information for Veggie BruschettaServings Per Recipe: 36
PER SERVING: 52 cal., 2 g total fat 1 mg chol., 114 mg sodium, 7 g carb. (1 g fiber), 3 g pro.