Our editors share their favorite budget finds.
Dori Katz, Beauty Editor
"I'm like a kid in a candy store when it comes to playing with makeup—I need to test absolutely everything before I decide. A hard day's work, but somebody's gotta do it."
- Eco Tools Recycled Aluminum Retractable Kabuki Brush, $8
The supersoft bristles distribute powder and creams evenly. Plus, the sleek handles are made of bamboo and recycled aluminum—green and gorgeous!
- Aveeno Positively Radiant Tinted Moisturizer with SPF 30, $17
This lightweight lotion provides the perfect amount of coverage with a subtle brightening effect. The built-in sunscreen is the icing on the cake.
- CoverGirl Smoky Shadow Blast in Purple Plume, $7.50
Smoky eyes made simple—just how I like it. Both sides glide on seamlessly, one to cover the lid, the other as liner and in the crease. Blend and smudge as you like.
- Physicians Formula Shimmer Strips Custom Eye Enhancing Gel CreamLiners, $11
The perfect metallic shades to enhance my hazel eyes in a formula that goes on smoothly without any tugging. The hardest part? Choosing just one!
- Almay Wake-Up Hydrating Makeup, $13
A powder that has a cooling effect upon contact, with aloe vera, cucumber and green tea extracts to soothe and smooth. A perfect midday refresher!
- Rimmel London Lasting Finish Blendable Blush in Berry, $5
One thing I've learned, a little blush makes a big difference. A few sweeps of this sheer shade and voila! A subtle, natural-looking glow, just right for every day.
- Sally Hansen Flirty Eyes Classic Eyelash Curler, $5.50
A foolproof, easy-to-use tool—it doesn't pinch (promise!) and adds major curl in seconds.
- Sonia Kashuk Instructional Eye Shadow Palette in Eye on Fall Color, $20
Sonia is always right on trend with the hottest, most wearable hues. This is a gorgeous mix of rich jewel tones and shimmery metallics that inspire you to mix and match, with a little cheat sheet for flawless application.
- Revlon Just Bitten Lipstain in Victorian, $9
Finally, my ideal pink, and this one actually stays put. The double-ended pen gives just the right pop of color.
- Seche Vite Fast Dry Top Coat, $10
My nails were always prone to chips, until I discovered Seche Vite's tough-as-nails formula. One coat prevents nicks and keeps polish shiny for days.
- L'Oréal Paris Voluminous False Fiber Lashes Mascara, $10
It's a fake out—you get the look of falsies without the time or effort. The fiber-rich formula makes my lashes look long and lush, and no dreaded clumping.