When choosing the right formula, it’s what’s inside that counts. Ranella Hirsch, MD, a Boston dermatologist, IDs the goods.
- Vitamin C brightens and evens out discoloration.
- Retinol exfoliates and plumps.
- Peptides increase collagen production.
- Antioxidants protect from free-radical damage.
- Caffeine constricts blood vessels, reducing puffiness.
- Hyaluronic acid adds moisture and smoothes.
These all-star products include one or more of the above: No7 Youthful Eye Serum, $24; Caudalie Resveratrol Lift Eye Lifting Balm, $62; Olay Eyes De-Puffing Eye Roller, $25.; It Cosmetics Bye Bye Under Eye Eye Cream, $48; Dermalogica Age Reversal Eye Complex, $78; L’Oréal Paris Age Perfect Eye Renewal, $25.
Apply right: Hirsch suggests using the tip of your ring finger—you’re less likely to tug—and gently tapping cream into skin.