By themselves, these problems may just be typical teen moodiness; several of them together could indicate your child is dealing with a bully.
- Less self-confidence
- Irritability, anxiety or depression
- Drop in grades or difficulty concentrating
- Headaches or stomachaches as a way to avoid school
- Sleep issues—either can't sleep or sleeps too much
- Sudden lack of interest in school events or social activities
- Changes route to school or doesn't want to ride the bus
- Missing class—especially the same one
- Unexplained injuries
- Damaged items like books or clothes, or money is "lost"
- Severe upset or tension on Sunday nights