Follow our easy, step-by-step instructions (and watch the video below):
- Measure ½ cup of baking soda, ¼ corn starch, ¼ citric acid, and ¼ epsom salt.
- Combine the dry ingredients and whisk in a mixing bowl until there are no clumps.
- Measure 1 and ½ tsp. of coconut oil and melt in the microwave.
- Stir coconut oil, 1 and ½ tsp. of water, a few drops of essential oil, and food coloring separate from the dry ingredients.
- Slowly pour wet ingredients into dry, whisking together until there are no clumps.
- Check to see if the mixture sticks to itself by taking a small amount and seeing if it keeps its shape when you squeeze it.
- Fill each side of the mold until it is overflowing a bit, then press the two sides together and carefully remove one side of the mold.
- Let the bath bomb dry out for at least 8 hours, and carefully remove it from the mold.
- Drop the bath bomb in a little baggie and tie on a tag with baker’s twine.