Who knew the path to an upbeat mood could be sitting on your plate? Consuming carotenoids, a form of antioxidants in spinach, carrots, tomatoes, kale and sweet potatoes, is associated with a more positive outlook, according to a recent study. Not only can that rosy perspective come in handy when dealing with a grumpy coworker, it has also been tied to better cardiovascular health. Meaning it’s just what the PCP and the therapist ordered. Need some veggie inspiration for stacking the odds in your favor? Try these quick dishes—they take 15 minutes or less to prep—that are packed with carotenoids.
* Dried apricots give you a fiber and iron boost in this Curried Chicken and Baby Spinach that you can pull together in 10 minutes.
* Not only is it beautiful but this Heirloom Tomato Salad keeps things simple and scrumptious.
* Enjoy goodness on the go by pouring yourself a glass of this Carrot Peach Smoothie.
* Go for the greens with this Roasted Kale with Poppy Seed Dressing. It takes just 15 minutes of oven time.
* Spinach and walnuts adorn this Warm Sweet Potato Salad that will fill you up.
* Don’t wait for Thanksgiving to whip up this delicious Sweet Potato–Parsnip Mash.
* Carrots, grape tomatoes and olives make up this veggie-packed Snap Pea Salad.
Family Circle tapped the Partnership for a Healthier America to help bring you this easy—and fun—wellness challenge. Post a picture of the beta carotene–rich food you’re eating today, March 9, 2016, on our Facebook pages or Twitter feeds with the hashtag #14DayChallenge and you could win a prize! No purchase necessary. Open to legal U.S. residents, 18+. See rules for complete details.