The fierce way to attack a fitness routine: boxing. Thanks to its serious sculpting results and model following—Karlie Kloss and Gigi Hadid have posted ringside photos—the sport has become a studio staple. So much so that punch-centric places, like Title Boxing Club, are rapidly expanding. Torch 10 calories a minute and squash stress with this sequence from Annah Kessler, an instructor at NYC's Shadowbox.
- Get in a boxing stance by placing the foot of your non-dominant side behind you and keeping weight in the balls of your feet.
- Bring your fists up in front of your face.
- Extend your dominant hand straight in front of you for a "jab." Return to the start.
- Extend your non-dominant hand in front of you for a "cross" as you pivot your back foot. Return to start.
- Exhale on each punch and focus on using your legs, hips and core for power.
- Alternate between jabs and crosses for one minute. Then do squats or push-ups for one minute. Repeat five times.
Image Credit: James Farrell