Fried Onion Rings
- 1 of 2 Beat yolks in bowl 3 minutes until light colored. Stir in beer and butter. Stir in flour. Let stand for 30 minutes.
- 2 of 2 Beat whites with clean beaters in small bowl until stiff, not dry peaks form. Fold whites into batter.
- 1 of 3 Heat oil in a 2-quart saucepan until temperature reaches 375 degrees F on deep-fat thermometer. Adjust heat as needed to maintain temperature. Line baking sheet with paper toweling.
- 2 of 3 Toss onion rings and flour in bowl to coat; shake off excess flour.
- 3 of 3 Dip onion rings, one at a time, in batter; let excess batter drain back into bowl. Place rings in oil, several at a time; do not overcrowd. Cook 2 to 3 minutes, until golden brown. Remove with slotted spoon, letting excess oil drain into pan; place rings on lined sheet. Repeat with remaining rings and batter. Sprinkle with salt.
Servings Per Recipe: 6