Tomato Biscuit Bruschetta
- 1 of 1 Heat oven to 375 degrees F.
- 1 of 3 Core tomato and slice in half. Squeeze out seeds and flesh. Finely dice; set on paper towel to dry slightly.
- 2 of 3 Place flour, cornmeal, cheese, baking powder, salt, pepper, baking soda and cayenne in a food processor. Add butter and pulse a few times until mixture looks like breadcrumbs. Add buttermilk and egg; pulse until mixture comes together in a ball. Transfer to work surface, and gently knead in diced tomato. If it is too wet, add a spoonful or two of flour. Pat dough into a 1/2-inch-thick circle. With floured biscuit cutter, cut into 8 rounds.
- 3 of 3 Bake biscuits at 375 degrees F for 25 minutes, until golden on top. Let cool.
- 1 of 1 In large bowl, combine tomatoes, basil, oil, garlic, vinegar, salt and pepper. To serve, heat broiler. Split biscuits in half. Place, cut side up, on foil-lined broiler pan. Broil 1 to 2 minutes or until lightly browned. Remove to platter; divide topping evenly among biscuits.
Servings Per Recipe: 16
Per Serving: 20 g carb., 6 g Fat, total, 154 kcal cal., 4 g pro., 283 mg sodium, 1 g fiber, 25 mg chol.