Apple Crumb Pie
- 1 of 1 Place a rack in the lowest slot of your oven; place foil on bottom of oven to catch drips. Heat oven to 425 degrees. Fit piecrust into a 9-inch pie dish and decoratively crimp edge. Refrigerate until ready to fill.
- 1 of 1 Combine flour, brown sugar, cinnamon, salt and cloves in a bowl. Rub in butter with fingertips until crumbly. Stir in nuts, if using.
- 1 of 4 In a large bowl, toss apples, cranberries, brown sugar, flour, cinnamon, salt and cloves. Add lemon juice and toss to coat.
- 2 of 4 Spoon filling into pie shell, mounding slightly in center. Cover with foil and bake at 425 degrees for 20 to 25 minutes.
- 3 of 4 Carefully remove pie from oven; reduce oven temp to 375 degrees and top pie with crumb topping.
- 4 of 4 Return pie to oven and bake at 375 degrees for 45 minutes, until fruit is tender. Let cool at least 2 hours before slicing and serving.
Servings Per Recipe: 12
Per Serving: 3 g pro., 4 g fiber, 163 mg sodium, 31 mg chol., 19 g Fat, total, 368 kcal cal., 49 g carb., 9 g sat. fat