Avocado, Roasted Asparagus and Cherry Tomato Salad
- 1 of 9 Heat oven to 425 degrees .
- 2 of 9 Trim 1/4 inch from bottom of asparagus. Peel the bottom 1 1/2 to 2 inches of each stalk.
- 3 of 9 In a large mixing bowl, combine basil, mint and sage with 1/4 cup oil, the shallot, 1 1/2 tsp salt and the pepper. Add tomatoes, toss to coat and transfer with a slotted spoon to one side of a rimmed 18 x 13-inch sheet pan.
- 4 of 9 Place asparagus on other half of baking sheet. Pour remaining marinade over asparagus and toss until thoroughly coated. Spread out in a single layer.
- 5 of 9 Roast 12 to 13 minutes, until asparagus is crisp-tender. Remove asparagus and let cool on a cutting board. Roast tomatoes another 5 to 6 minutes, until they have burst, deflated and begun to char. Let cool.
- 6 of 9 Using a slotted spoon, gently transfer tomatoes to a large bowl. Pour juices from pan into blender.
- 7 of 9 Cut 1 inch from bottom of asparagus and add to blender. Cut remaining asparagus into 1 1/2-inch pieces and add to tomatoes.
- 8 of 9 Add lime zest and juice, 2 tbsp oil, the mustard, 1/2 tsp salt and cooked egg yolks to blender. Puree until completely smooth.
- 9 of 9 Add avocado to asparagus and tomatoes. Add 1/4 cup dressing and gently toss to coat. Add more dressing, if desired. Transfer to a platter and garnish with chopped egg whites.
Servings Per Recipe: 4
Per Serving: 252 kcal cal., 23 g Fat, total, 5 g pro., 690 mg sodium, 3 g sat. fat, 11 g carb., 5 g fiber, 4 g sugar