Chocolate Peanut Squares (from Forever Summer)
- 1 of 1 Heat oven to 325 degrees F. Line 9 x 9 x 2-inch-square baking pan with regular or nonstick foil.
- 1 of 2 In food processor, process flour, sugar and butter until mixture looks sandy and begins to clump. Turn into pan; press over bottom. Prick all over with fork.
- 2 of 2 Bake in 325 degrees F oven 5 minutes. Lower heat to 300 degrees F; bake 30 to 40 minutes or until crust is pale gold. Let cool completely in pan on wire rack.
- 1 of 1 In large microwave-safe bowl, melt butter on 100% power, 1 to 2 minutes. Whisk in condensed milk and corn syrup. Microwave on 50% power 10 minutes or until boiling; remove from oven every few minutes to stir. Mixture should be thickened and light golden brown. Let stand 1 to 2 minutes. Whisk. Stir in peanuts. Spread over cooled shortbread mixture.
- 1 of 1 In large microwave-safe bowl, combine bittersweet and milk chocolates. Microwave on 50% power until melted, 2 to 3 minutes; stir to combine. Spread chocolate over peanut filling. Let cool. Once chocolate is set, with sharp knife, cut into 24 bars.
Servings Per Recipe: 24
Per Serving: 117 mg sodium, 6 g pro., 358 kcal cal., 2 g fiber, 24 g Fat, total, 32 g carb., 12 g sat. fat, 41 mg chol.