Rum Buttercream Frosting:
- 1 of 4 In plastic food-storage bag, mix pears, raisins, figs, rum; seal. Let stand 4 hours or overnight.
- 2 of 4 Heat oven to 350 degrees F. Line 13 x 9 x 2-inch baking pan with foil, with overhang on short ends. Butter and flour foil.
- 3 of 4 Mix flour, baking powder, ginger, salt and nutmeg in bowl. Beat butter and sugar in large bowl until creamy, 2 minutes. Add eggs, one at a time, beating after each. Beat in rind. Gradually beat flour mixture into butter mixture. Stir in walnuts, fruit mixture. Spoon into prepared pan.
- 4 of 4 Bake in 350 degrees F oven until pick tests clean, 20 to 25 minutes. Transfer pan to rack to cool.
- 1 of 2 Beat sugar, butter, rum and salt in large bowl on low until blended. Increase speed to medium and beat until good spreading consistency, 2 minutes.
- 2 of 2 Lift foil from pan to remove cake. Spread top of cake with frosting. Cut into twenty-four 3 x 2-inch diamonds. Decorate diamonds with squiggly lines red and green icing.
Servings Per Recipe: 24