Lemon Chicken With Olive And Pine Nut Sauce
- 1 of 4 Combine olive oil, lemon, cilantro, ginger and red-pepper flakes in large plastic food-storage bag. Add chicken; seal bag; shake to coat chicken evenly. Refrigerate 6 hours or overnight, turning bag occasionally.
- 2 of 4 Heat oven to 375 degrees F.
- 3 of 4 Arrange chicken in 13 x 9 x 3-inch metal baking pan. Sprinkle with salt.
- 4 of 4 Bake in 375 degree F oven for 45 minutes or until chicken is no longer pink near bone. Transfer to serving platter; keep warm.
Meanwhile, prepare Olive and Pine Nut Sauce:
- 1 of 4 Pour drippings from baking pan into large measuring cup. Add 1/2 cup chicken broth to baking pan; stir with wooden spoon to loosen brown bits from bottom of pan. Add to drippings in cup. Let stand until fat rises to top.
- 2 of 4 Spoon 2 tablespoons fat from drippings into medium-size skillet. Skim remaining fat from cup and discard. Add onion, ginger and garlic to skillet; cook over medium heat until onion is softened and golden, 1 to 2 minutes. Add olives, pine nuts, pepper flakes, saffron, lemon juice, honey and remaining 1 cup chicken broth; stir until well blended. Boil until sauce is reduced and thickened, about 7 minutes. Remove from heat; swirl in butter and cilantro just until butter is incorporated.
- 3 of 4 Prepare Vegetable Couscous.
- 4 of 4 Spoon Olive and Pine Nut Sauce over chicken. Serve immediately with Vegetable Couscous. Makes 6 servings.
Servings Per Recipe: 6
Per Serving: 1071 mg sodium, 96 mg chol., 7 g sat. fat, 730 kcal cal., 41 g pro., 7 g carb., 32 g Fat, total