- 1 of 5 Heat oven to 350 degrees F.
- 2 of 5 Saute beef, onion and garlic in nonstick large skillet for 3 to 4 minutes or until beef is no longer pink. Stir in chilies, chili powder, salt and water. Bring to boiling; cook, stirring occasionally, for 10 minutes. Remove from heat.
- 3 of 5 Meanwhile, wrap tortillas in damp paper toweling. Microwave at high power for 1 minute. OR: To heat in conventional oven, wrap in damp paper toweling, then wrap in aluminum foil. Bake in 350 degrees F oven for 10 minutes. (If tortillas are not heated, they will crack when assembling.) Increase oven temperature to 400 degrees F.
- 4 of 5 Spread 2 tablespoons of refried beans on a warm tortilla. Fill center with scant 1/4 cup of meat mixture. Roll up tortilla and place, seam side down, in 13 x 9 x 2-inch baking dish. Repeat with remaining tortillas and filling, fitting them tightly in the dish side by side.
- 5 of 5 Spread picante sauce over enchiladas. Sprinkle with shredded cheddar.
Servings Per Recipe: 6