Beef Roulades With Grilled Zucchini And Fresh Tomato Sauce
- 1 of 4 Place each piece of meat between 2 sheets of plastic wrap, pound to 1/8-inch thickness. Place in plastic food-storage bag.
- 2 of 4 In small bowl, whisk together the 1/2 cup oil, the vinegar, Worcestershire sauce, garlic, salt and pepper. Pour 1/2 cup marinade into small measuring cup; add the 2 tablespoons oil; add this mixture to meat in plastic bag; seal.
- 3 of 4 Cut each zucchini lengthwise into quarters, then crosswise in half. Place in clean plastic food-storage bag with 1/4 cup of remaining marinade; seal.
- 4 of 4 In large bowl, toss together tomatoes, remaining marinade and basil; cover. Marinate meat, zucchini and tomatoes in refrigerator 3 hours or overnight.
- 1 of 4 In medium-size skillet, heat oil over medium-high heat. Add scallions; saute 3 minutes. Remove from heat; add bread crumbs, Parmesan and basil.
- 2 of 4 Prepare outdoor grill with hot coals arranged for direct grilling, or heat gas grill for direct grilling.
- 3 of 4 Remove meat from marinade; discard marinade. On 1 piece of meat, place 1 slice ham and 1 slice cheese; spread 2 slightly rounded tablespoons of bread crumb mixture over top. From short end, roll up meat, jelly-roll style. Secure roulade with wooden picks. Repeat with remaining meat, ham, cheese and bread crumb mixture. Drain zucchini from marinade.
- 4 of 4 Grill roulades about 10 minutes, covered, turning every 3 to 4 minutes, or until cooked through. Grill zucchini 6 minutes, turning once, or until tender. Serve with the tomato sauce.
Servings Per Recipe: 6
Per Serving: 3 g fiber, 463 mg sodium, 515 kcal cal., 37 g pro., 19 g carb., 33 g Fat, total, 91 mg chol., 7 g sat. fat