- 1 of 5 Sprinkle steak with salt and pepper. Place 3 tablespoons of the lime juice, the garlic, jalapeno, onion, chili powder, cumin and cayenne in a slow cooker. Place beef on top and cook on HIGH for 6 hours or LOW for 8 hours.
- 2 of 5 Remove beef to a cutting board and when cool enough to handle, shred with fingers or using two forks. Place shredded beef in a large bowl.
- 3 of 5 Strain remaining liquid in slow cooker over a bowl or measuring cup, discarding solids. Add strained liquid and remaining 1 tablespoon lime juice to beef in bowl and stir to combine. Cover; keep warm.
- 4 of 5 Warm tostada shells in oven according to package directions. While tostadas are baking, heat refried beans in microwave for 1 1/2 minutes on HIGH, stirring halfway through until warm and spreadable.
- 5 of 5 Spread each tostada with 1 tablespoon refried beans. Place 1/3 cup beef over beans and divide lettuce equally among tostadas. Top each with 1 heaping tablespoon cheese and 1 tablespoon salsa.
Servings Per Recipe: 12
Per Serving: 2 g fiber, 13 g carb., 18 g pro., 187 kcal cal., 8 g Fat, total, 3 g sat. fat, 152 mg sodium, 41 mg chol.