Beef with Cauliflower Puree
- 1 of 2 Bring a large pot of salted water to a boil. Add cauliflower; cook for 15 minutes or until very tender. Drain, pressing lightly to release liquid.
- 2 of 2 Add cooked cauliflower into the bowl of a food processor and puree. Add salt, nutmeg, cayenne, butter and Parmesan and puree again. Add milk as needed for a creamy texture. Spoon into a bowl; stir in parsley. Keep warm.
- 1 of 3 Heat oil in a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Season sirloin with salt, pepper and 1/8 teaspoon of the dried thyme. Cook for 4 minutes, turn and cook for an additional 3 minutes. Remove from skillet.
- 2 of 3 Reduce heat to medium and add port to skillet. Cook 30 seconds, scraping up browned bits from pan. Add broth, ketchup and the remaining 1/8 teaspoon thyme. Cook 2 minutes, stirring often.
- 3 of 3 Slice steak thinly against the grain. Spoon some of the sauce over the sliced steak and serve with the cauliflower and steamed green beans, if desired.
Servings Per Recipe: 4
Per Serving: 12 g carb., 20 g Fat, total, 413 kcal cal., 41 g pro., 3 g fiber, 837 mg sodium, 122 mg chol., 8 g sat. fat