Belgian Beef Stew
- 1 of 5 Season beef with salt and pepper. Coat with 1 tablespoon flour.
- 2 of 5 Heat oil in large Dutch oven over high heat. Working in batches, add beef; cook to brown well on both sides. Remove from pan.
- 3 of 5 Pour off fat from pan. Lower heat to medium. Melt butter. Add onions; cook, scraping up any browned bits from bottom of pan with spoon, until golden, 6 to 8 minutes.
- 4 of 5 Sprinkle in remaining flour; cook, stirring, 1 minute. Add beer, consomme, bay leaf, thyme and reserved beef. Cover; cook at slow simmer for 1 hour 15 minutes.
- 5 of 5 Add carrots and parsnips; cook 15 minutes. Add potatoes and salt; cook 1 hour or until vegetables and beef are tender. Discard bay leaf.
Servings Per Recipe: 6
Per Serving: 5 g fiber, 515 mg sodium, 17 g pro., 355 kcal cal., 16 g Fat, total, 37 g carb., 6 g sat. fat, 47 mg chol.