Best-Ever Roast Beef
- 1 of 6 Heat oven to 400 degrees F.
- 2 of 6 Coat small, flame-proof roasting pan with nonstick vegetable-oil cooking spray. Scatter onion rings over bottom of pan. Pour the red wine into the pan. Place roast in center of pan on top of onions.
- 3 of 6 In a small bowl, stir together the ketchup, teriyaki sauce, mustard and vinegar until well blended. Remove 2 tablespoons of the ketchup mixture to a small bowl; reserve for making the gravy. Brush some of the remaining ketchup mixture over the top and sides of the roast.
- 4 of 6 Roast in 400 degrees F oven, basting occasionally with rest of ketchup mixture, for about 1-1/4 hours or until instant-read meat thermometer inserted in thickest part of the roast registers 140 degrees F for medium-rare (internal temperature will continue to rise another 5 degrees F to 10 degrees F).
- 5 of 6 Remove roast to cutting board; cover loosely with foil. Remove onions from roasting pan to small bowl; cover with foil.
- 6 of 6 Add 1/2 cup water to reserved 2 tablespoons ketchup mixture; whisk in flour until well blended and smooth. Place roasting pan over medium-high heat on the stovetop. Add beef broth; cook, stirring and scraping up any browned bits from bottom of pan, 2 minutes. Slowly whisk in flour mixture; cook, stirring, until thickened, about 3 minutes. Pour into a small serving bowl. Thinly slice roast. Serve with onions and gravy.
Servings Per Recipe: 12
Per Serving: 251 kcal cal., 1 g fiber, 457 mg sodium, 12 g Fat, total, 60 mg chol., 24 g pro., 7 g carb., 0 null Mark as Free Exchange, 5 g sat. fat