Fillet Au Poivre
- 1 of 1 In medium-size saucepan, heat butter over medium heat. Add shallot; saute for 2 minutes or until softened. Add wine and thyme; simmer over medium heat 5 minutes. Stir in cream and mustard. Bring to a simmer; cook for 15 minutes or until reduced to about 1 cup. Add salt. Strain sauce; keep warm.
- 1 of 4 While sauce is cooking, heat oven to 400 degrees F. In small bowl, mix together crushed peppercorns, salt and 2 teaspoons vegetable oil. Rub the mixture over both sides of steaks.
- 2 of 4 In a large cast-iron skillet, heat the remaining 2 tablespoons vegetable oil over medium-high heat. Add steaks; cook 2 minutes per side.
- 3 of 4 Place the skillet in 400 degrees F oven. Cook for 5 minutes or until the internal temperature registers 140 degrees F on an instant-read meat thermometer. Transfer steaks to warm platter. Let stand 5 minutes (temperature will increase to 145 degrees F).
- 4 of 4 Serve steaks with sauce on the side, with rice, if desired.
Servings Per Recipe: 6
Per Serving: 156 mg chol., 16 g sat. fat, 484 kcal cal., 1 g fiber, 344 mg sodium, 37 g Fat, total, 32 g pro., 4 g carb.