French Dip Sandwich
- 1 of 5 Heat oven to 450 degrees F. In large nonstick skillet, melt butter over medium to medium-high heat. Add onion and cook, stirring, 5 minutes.
- 2 of 5 Pour beer and 1 cup of the beef broth into skillet. Stir in sugar, salt and pepper and bring to a simmer. Cook 3 minutes. Pour mixture into an oven-proof baking dish.
- 3 of 5 Return skillet to medium-high heat. Sprinkle steak with Montreal seasoning. Add to skillet and brown on both sides, 3 minutes total. Add remaining beef broth to skillet, scraping up any brown bits from pan. Transfer steak to baking dish; pour skillet contents over steak.
- 4 of 5 Cover dish with foil and roast at 450 degrees F for 25 minutes. Remove from oven and increase heat to broil. Open rolls slightly and toast under broiler for 1 to 2 minutes.
- 5 of 5 Thinly slice steak against the grain and return to baking dish. Divide meat and onions among rolls, spooning sauce over each. Serve sandwiches with additional sauce for dipping alongside.
Servings Per Recipe: 6
Per Serving: 2 g fiber, 5 g sat. fat, 12 g Fat, total, 72 mg chol., 36 g pro., 30 g carb., 387 kcal cal., 594 mg sodium