Meat Loaf With Mushroom Gravy
- 1 of 3 Combine the crumbs and the milk in small bowl. Let stand until the milk is absorbed, about 10 minutes.
- 2 of 3 Place the meat mixture, onion, carrot, celery, egg, Parmesan cheese, soy, garlic powder, salt, pepper and soaked bread crumb mixture in large bowl. With wet hands, mix until thoroughly combined.
- 3 of 3 Divide the meat mixture in half. Form each half into a loaf (each loaf about 1-1/2 pounds). Wrap each loaf tightly in plastic wrap and freeze for up to 3 months.
To cook and serve:
- 1 of 3 Thaw meat loaves in refrigerator overnight.
- 2 of 3 Heat oven to 375 degrees F. Coat large roasting pan with nonstick cooking spray. Place 2 slices of bacon lengthwise over each loaf. Place the meat loaves in the roasting pan.
- 3 of 3 Bake in 375 degree F oven 50 to 55 minutes or until internal temperature registers 160 degrees F. Remove meat loaves from roasting pan to platter; cover with foil; keep warm.
- 1 of 2 Discard all but 2 tablespoons of the drippings from the roasting pan. Sprinkle flour over drippings in roasting pan. Place over medium heat; cook, stirring, 1 minute. Gradually whisk in broth, scraping up browned bits from bottom. Bring to a boil; cook 4 minutes or until thickened.
- 2 of 2 Strain the gravy into a small saucepan. Add the mushrooms. Place over low heat until heated through. Pour into a sauceboat or small bowl and serve with the meat loaves. Makes 2 loaves (8 servings).
Servings Per Recipe: 8