Meatballs And Bow Ties
- 1 of 4 Cook bow-ties following package directions. Drain; return to pot.
- 2 of 4 Meanwhile, heat oil in large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Add cabbage; cook, stirring often, until browned and wilted, about 10 minutes. Stir in the ginger, garlic, salt and sugar until well blended; cook for 2 minutes.
- 3 of 4 Sprinkle flour over cabbage; stir to mix. Add chicken broth, tomato paste and soy sauce; cook over medium heat, stirring constantly, until thickened and bubbly, about 3 minutes. Remove from heat. Stir in the cream cheese and parsley until well blended. Stir cabbage mixture into bow ties.
- 4 of 4 Heat oven to 350 degrees F. Coat shallow 3-quart baking dish with nonstick cooking spray.
Meanwhile, prepare meatballs:
- 1 of 3 Combine milk and bread crumbs in bowl; let stand for 5 minutes for bread crumbs to soften. Mix in the beef, mushrooms, egg and soy sauce. Shape into meatballs, each about the size of large walnut.
- 2 of 3 Spoon about one-third of the bow-tie mixture into prepared baking dish. Place half the uncooked meatballs on top, then 1/2 cup of the shredded cheese. Repeat layers. Top with remaining bow tie mixture and shredded cheese.
- 3 of 3 Bake, covered, in 350 degrees F oven for 40 minutes. Uncover; bake 15 minutes or until hot and meatballs are cooked through. Sprinkle with scallions. Makes 8 servings.
Servings Per Recipe: 8
Per Serving: 53 g carb., 22 g Fat, total, 92 mg chol., 1022 mg sodium, 507 kcal cal., 24 g pro.