Molasses Peppered Beef Tenderloin
- 1 of 5 Using knife tip, jab 25 or 30 holes (1/4 inch deep) into beef. Tie beef at 2-inch intervals with kitchen string. Whisk molasses, lemon juice, Worcestershire and pepper in bowl. Place beef in large plastic food-storage bag; add marinade. Seal; turn to coat. Refrigerate 24 hours, turning occasionally.
- 2 of 5 Heat oven to 425 degrees F. Remove meat from marinade; discard marinade. Place meat on rack in shallow roasting pan. Lay bacon across top of beef.
- 3 of 5 Roast in 425 degree F oven 15 to 20 minutes. Add 1/2 cup water to pan. Continue roasting, adding water to pan as needed, about every 15 minutes, until internal temperature registers 140 degrees F on instant-read meat thermometer, about 1 hour 15 minutes total. Remove meat to platter; tent loosely with foil; let rest 15 minutes. Temperature will rise 5 degrees F to 10 degrees F for medium-rare.
- 4 of 5 Scrape drippings into glass measuring cup. Remove fat from surface. Place roasting pan over medium heat on stove top. Add beef broth, wine, bay leaf and degreased drippings; simmer 5 minutes, scraping up any browned bits from bottom of pan. Add salt, to taste.
- 5 of 5 Slice beef into 1/4-inch-thick slices. Serve with pan juices. Makes 12 servings plus leftovers.
Servings Per Recipe: 12