- 1 of 5 Heat oven to 350 degrees F.
- 2 of 5 Season beef with 1/8 teaspoon each of the salt and pepper. Heat 1 tablespoon oil in a large flame-proof covered casserole over medium-high heat. Brown beef for 3 minutes, turn and brown for 3 additional minutes. Remove to a plate and reserve. Add remaining tablespoon oil and the onion and cook for 3 minutes. Stir in cumin, ginger, cinnamon, tomatoes, broth and remaining 1/8 teaspoon each salt and pepper. Bring to a simmer over high heat and stir in the beef and any accumulated juices. With a wooden spoon, scrape up any browned bits from the bottom of the casserole. Cover and bake at 350 degrees F for 1-1/2 hours.
- 3 of 5 Meanwhile, bring a medium-size pot of water to a boil. Add green beans and cook 3 minutes, until crisp-tender. Drain and rinse in cold water. Set aside.
- 4 of 5 After 1-1/2 hours, stir the green beans and shredded carrots into the casserole. Cover and bake an additional 30 minutes.
- 5 of 5 Serve with couscous.
Servings Per Recipe: 6
Per Serving: 23 g Fat, total, 82 mg chol., 35 g pro., 43 g carb., 516 kcal cal., 8 g fiber, 641 mg sodium, 7 g sat. fat