Polynesian Beef 1950's
- 1 of 7 Combine pineapple juice, soy sauce, ginger and salt in small bowl.
- 2 of 7 Place meat in resealable plastic food-storage bag. Pour pineapple mixture over meat. Refrigerate 1 hour, turning several times.
- 3 of 7 Heat oil in Dutch oven or pot (see Note below). Add onion; cook 3 to 5 minutes or until softened.
- 4 of 7 Add meat and marinade. Cover; simmer 1 to 1-1/2 hours, until tender.
- 5 of 7 Add celery; cook, covered, 5 minutes. Add carrots and mushrooms; cook, covered, for 10 minutes, until softened. Add spinach; cook, covered, just until wilted, 3 to 4 minutes.
- 6 of 7 Remove meat and vegetables to serving platter; keep warm.
- 7 of 7 Stir cornstarch and water in cup to make smooth paste. Stir paste into pot. Boil, stirring, until thickened, 3 minutes. Serve with meat and vegetables. Makes 6 servings.
Servings Per Recipe: 6
Per Serving: 442 kcal cal., 54 g pro., 1232 mg sodium, 20 g carb., 16 g Fat, total, 156 mg chol., 3 g fiber, 5 g sat. fat