Roast Tenderloin With Port Wine Sauce
- 1 of 1 Heat oven to 450 degrees F.
- 1 of 2 Rub tenderloin with oil. Season with salt and pepper. Cover surface of tenderloin with garlic, pressing to adhere. Place meat on rack in roasting pan.
- 2 of 2 Roast in 450 degree F oven for 40 minutes or until internal temperature registers 140 degrees F on instant-read thermometer for medium-rare. Let meat stand in warm place 10 minutes before slicing for serving (internal temperature will rise to 145 degrees F).
- 1 of 4 While meat is roasting, in medium-size saucepan, heat butter over medium heat. Add shallot and garlic; cook over medium-low heat 5 minutes, until softened. Add thyme, peppercorns, port and all but 4 tablespoons broth. Bring to a boil. Lower heat; simmer 15 minutes.
- 2 of 4 In bowl, stir together reserved 4 tablespoons beef broth and flour.
- 3 of 4 Strain broth mixture with shallots through sieve placed over a bowl; discard solids. Pour back into saucepan. Stir in broth-flour mixture. Bring to a simmer; cook, whisking occasionally, 2 minutes or until slightly thickened.
- 4 of 4 Serve sliced meat with port sauce on the side, and roasted potatoes, if desired. Makes 16 servings.
Servings Per Recipe: 16
Per Serving: 5 g sat. fat, 99 mg chol., 326 mg sodium, 13 g Fat, total, 3 g carb., 33 g pro., 0 g fiber, 269 kcal cal.