Shepherd's Pie With Squash And Potato Topping
- 1 of 3 Cook squash and potatoes in boiling water until tender, about 15 minutes.
- 2 of 3 Drain squash and potatoes; return to pot. Add milk, salt, black pepper, nutmeg and red pepper. Mash with potato masher until fluffy. Set aside to cool slightly.
- 3 of 3 Preheat oven to 375 degrees F.
- 1 of 4 Saute onion in oil in large skillet until softened, for about 5 minutes. Add garlic; saute 1 minute. Remove to a plate.
- 2 of 4 Crumble beef into skillet; cook until browned, about 3 minutes. Stir in basil, oregano, cumin, salt, thyme, pepper, reserved onion mixture and flour. Add tomatoes and green beans. Bring to boiling. Lower heat; cover and cook 10 minutes. Spoon into 13 x 9 x 2-inch glass baking dish.
- 3 of 4 Beat egg into squash mixture. Spread over filling, making decorative swirls. Sprinkle with paprika.
- 4 of 4 Bake in 375 degree F oven 40 minutes or until bubbly and top is golden brown. Transfer baking dish to wire rack to cool for 20 minutes before serving. Makes 8 servings.
Servings Per Recipe: 8
Per Serving: 69 mg chol., 17 g Fat, total, 903 mg sodium, 391 kcal cal., 46 g carb., 17 g pro.