Skirt Steak With Mushroom Sauce And Seasoned Fries
- 1 of 2 Heat oven to 450 degrees F. Coat 1 large or 2 small baking sheets with cooking spray. Place fries in large bowl. In small bowl, mix crumbs, Parmesan and cayenne. Add egg whites to fries; sprinkle with seasoning mixture; toss. Spread on prepared baking sheet(s).
- 2 of 2 Bake in 450 degree F oven 15 to 20 minutes or follow package directions.
- 1 of 2 Meanwhile, spread the skirt steaks on a large cutting board. Slice each steak in thirds, for 6 steaks total, each about 8 x 3-1/2 inches. Season steaks on both sides with the salt, pepper and chili powder.
- 2 of 2 Heat 12-inch skillet (not nonstick) over medium-high heat. Add 3 steaks; sear 3 minutes. Turn over; cook 3 minutes or until 145 degrees F for medium-rare. Transfer steaks to platter; tent with foil. Repeat with remaining 3 steaks. Transfer to a large platter. Keep warm.
- 1 of 1 Reduce the heat to medium. Add the butter to the skillet. Add onion; saute for 3 minutes. Add mushrooms; saute 3 minutes. Stir in Worcestershire sauce. Sprinkle evenly with flour. Whisk in beef broth until well blended. Simmer 2 minutes or until thickened. Season with salt; remove from heat. Serve mushroom sauce with steak and fries. Makes 6 servings.
Servings Per Recipe: 6
Per Serving: 462 kcal cal., 502 mg sodium, 3 g fiber, 18 g Fat, total, 33 g carb., 37 g pro., 15 g sat. fat, 86 mg chol.