Black Bean and Sausage Stew
- 1 of 5 Cover beans with water and soak overnight, or follow quick-soak method on packaging.
- 2 of 5 Heat oil in a large pot over mediumhigh heat. Add sausage and cook 5 minutes, stirring occasionally. Add onion and garlic; cook 5 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- 3 of 5 Stir in broth, 2 cups water, soaked beans, chili powder, oregano and cumin. Simmer, covered, 60 minutes or until beans are tender; add red pepper during last few minutes of cooking.
- 4 of 5 Remove about 1 cup of the mixture to a blender and puree; return to pot.
- 5 of 5 Garnish each serving with chopped cilantro, avocado, tomato and sweet red pepper, if desired.
Servings Per Recipe: 6
Per Serving: 531 mg sodium, 24 g pro., 18 g fiber, 52 g carb., 2 g sat. fat, 11 mg chol., 7 g Fat, total, 358 kcal cal., 0 null Mark as Free Exchange