- 1 of 5 Bring a large pot of lightly salted water to boiling.
- 2 of 5 Cook bacon in a large skillet for 10 minutes over medium heat until just crispy. Remove to a paper towel-lined plate. Reserve 2 tbsp of the drippings in skillet.
- 3 of 5 Meanwhile, cook penne in boiling water for 11 minutes. Drain.
- 4 of 5 Add 2 tbsp of the olive oil to skillet with bacon drippings. Return to medium heat. Add onion and cook 5 minutes. Add spinach and chard and cook 4 minutes until wilted. Stir in cherry tomatoes; cook 2 minutes.
- 5 of 5 In a large bowl, toss penne, bacon, spinach mixture, basil, remaining 2 tbsp olive oil, the vinegar, salt and pepper.
Servings Per Recipe: 6
Per Serving: 4 g sat. fat, 18 g Fat, total, 15 mg chol., 519 mg sodium, 4 g fiber, 60 g carb., 477 kcal cal., 17 g pro.