Blueberry Hand Pies with Whipped Cream
- 1 of 6 In a saucepan, combine 1 1/2 cups blueberries, 1/4 cup sugar and the lemon juice. Cook over medium heat 5 minutes, stirring occasionally. Reduce heat to medium-low and cook 3 minutes, until all berries have burst.
- 2 of 6 Meanwhile, in a small bowl, stir cornstarch and 2 tbsp water until smooth. Add to berries; cook 1 minute, until thickened. Remove from heat and stir in 1/2 cup blueberries.
- 3 of 6 Place saucepan in a bowl of ice water. Stir mixture frequently, until cooled.
- 4 of 6 Heat oven to 375 degrees . Unroll 1 piecrust on a lightly floured work surface, then roll out to 1/16-inch thickness. Using a 4 1/2-inch round cutter, cut out 4 rounds.
- 5 of 6 Place 2 tbsp filling on half of each round, leaving a 1/2-inch border. Dampen edges with a fingertip dipped into water. Fold dough over filling, pressing edges to seal. Crimp with a fork. Refrigerate 15 minutes. Repeat with remaining piecrust and filling.
- 6 of 6 Brush pies with egg wash and make 2 slits in center of each (for steam to escape). Sprinkle with 1 tbsp sugar. Bake 20 minutes, until golden. Let cool before serving with whipped cream.
Servings Per Recipe: 8
Per Serving: 3 g pro., 56 g carb., 1 g fiber, 367 kcal cal., 16 g Fat, total