Asiago Cheese Bread
- 1 of 9 In large bowl, combine 1-1/2 cups of the bread flour, the yeast, salt and pepper.
- 2 of 9 In small saucepan, heat milk and butter over medium-high heat until butter is melted and temperature is 120 degrees F to 130 degrees F.
- 3 of 9 Stir the milk mixture into the flour mixture until smooth. Stir in 1 cup of the Asiago cheese. Gradually stir in about 2 cups of the flour to make a soft dough.
- 4 of 9 Turn dough out onto lightly floured surface. Knead until smooth and elastic, about 10 minutes, adding more flour as needed to prevent sticking.
- 5 of 9 Oil large bowl; add dough and turn to coat. Cover with clean kitchen towel. Let rise in warm place 1 hour or until doubled in volume.
- 6 of 9 Coat an 8 x 2-inch round cake pan with nonstick vegetable-oil cooking spray. Punch down dough. Form dough into a 6-inch round; place in prepared cake pan. Cover with towel. Let rise in a warm place, away from drafts, about 45 minutes or until doubled in volume.
- 7 of 9 Heat oven to 425 degrees F.
- 8 of 9 In a small bowl, lightly beat the egg with a fork. Brush top of dough with beaten egg. Sprinkle top with the remaining 1/4 cup of the Asiago cheese.
- 9 of 9 Bake in 425 degrees F oven for 35 minutes or until the crust is golden and bread sounds hollow when tapped with fingertips. Transfer the bread from the pan to a wire rack; let cool. Serve warm or completely cooled.
Servings Per Recipe: 16
Per Serving: 1 g fiber, 255 mg sodium, 3 g sat. fat, 28 mg chol., 7 g pro., 151 kcal cal., 5 g Fat, total, 21 g carb.