PUMPERNICKEL RAISIN BREAD
- 1 of 7 Dissolve 1 teaspoon molasses and yeast in 1/4 cup warm water in small bowl. Let stand until foamy, 5 minutes.
- 2 of 7 Combine flours, cocoa, salt, caraway in 12-cup processor fitted with dough or steel blade. Add yeast mixture. Combine 1 cup warm water and 3 tablespoons molasses.
- 3 of 7 With machine running, pour molasses mixture slowly through feed tube. When ball forms, process 1 minute. If dough doesnt clear sides, add more flour, 2 tablespoons at a time. If too dry, add water, 1 tablespoon at a time.
- 4 of 7 Place dough in large greased bowl; turn to coat; cover with plastic. Bring large shallow pot of water to simmering. Remove from heat. Place wire rack on pot. Put bowl with dough on rack; cover with towel. Let rise 1 to 1-1/4 hours until doubled.
- 5 of 7 Punch dough down; flatten to 1/2-inch thickness. Sprinkle on raisins; roll up dough. Knead few turns. Shape into 8-inch round. Place on greased baking sheet. Place on rack over hot water; cover with towel. Let rise 1 to 1-1/4 hours until doubled.
- 6 of 7 Mix molasses and water. Brush over bread. Sprinkle with seeds.
- 7 of 7 Bake in 350 degree F oven 25 to 30 minutes until hollow-sounding when tapped. Cool on rack 30 minutes.
Servings Per Recipe: