Peanut Butter Brownies
- 1 of 5 Heat oven to 350 degrees F. Line an 8 x 8 x 2-inch baking pan with nonstick foil overhanging on two sides and set aside.
- 2 of 5 Sift flour and salt onto a sheet of waxed paper; set aside.
- 3 of 5 In a medium-size bowl, beat peanut butter, shortening and vanilla together on medium speed for 1 minute. Add brown sugar; beat until combined. Add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition. Reduce speed to low. Add flour mixture; beat just until combined.
- 4 of 5 Scrape batter into prepared pan; smooth top with an offset spatula. Bake at 350 degrees F for 28 minutes or until set in center.
- 5 of 5 Remove from oven and sprinkle with chocolate chips; allow to stand for 5 minutes. Spread melted chips evenly over top with spatula and sprinkle with chopped nuts. Place on wire rack and cool completely.
Servings Per Recipe: 16
Per Serving: 27 g carb., 4 g pro., 27 mg chol., 13 g Fat, total, 230 kcal cal., 90 mg sodium, 2 g fiber