Chocolate Cream Roll
- 1 of 8 Heat oven to 350 degrees F. Coat 15 x 10 x 1-inch jelly roll pan with nonstick cooking spray. Line with parchment or waxed paper; coat paper. Dust a clean kitchen cloth with 2 tablespoons of the confectioners' sugar.
- 2 of 8 Sift together cocoa, flour, baking powder and salt; set aside.
- 3 of 8 In a medium-size bowl, beat egg yolks, 1/3 cup of the granulated sugar and 1/2 teaspoon of the vanilla on medium speed about 1 minute until well blended. Reduce speed to low and add in cocoa mixture; set aside.
- 4 of 8 In another clean medium-size bowl, beat egg whites and cream of tartar on medium speed until foamy. Increase speed to high; gradually beat in remaining 1/3 cup granulated sugar, about 3 minutes, until stiff peaks form. Fold one-third of the whites into egg mixture; then fold in remaining whites.
- 5 of 8 Pour batter into prepared pan, spreading evenly.
- 6 of 8 Bake cake at 350 degrees F for about 23 minutes or until cake springs back when lightly pressed. Cool in pan on rack for 5 minutes. Then, invert cake onto sugar dusted cloth. Remove pan and paper and dust with 2 tablespoons confectioners' sugar. Beginning at a short end, roll up cake, enclosing towel. Place cake, seam side down on a cooling rack. Cool completely.
- 7 of 8 In a medium-size bowl, beat heavy cream and remaining 2 tablespoons confectioners' sugar and 1/2 teaspoon vanilla on high speed about 3 minutes until stiff peaks form. Unroll cake and spread with whipped cream.
- 8 of 8 Carefully roll up cake without towel. Dust with additional confectioners' sugar before serving.
Servings Per Recipe: 10
Per Serving: 103 mg sodium, 1 g fiber, 118 mg chol., 11 g Fat, total, 21 g carb., 4 g pro., 194 kcal cal.