Fourth of July Cake
- 1 of 1 Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Coat two 9-inch-round layer-cake pans with nonstick cooking spray.
To prepare cake:
- 1 of 3 Sift together flour, baking powder and salt.
- 2 of 3 Beat butter and sugar in large bowl at medium speed until light and fluffy. Beat in eggs, one at a time. Beat in poppy seeds and lemon rind. Add flour mixture alternately with milk and lemon juice, beating well after each addition. Spread batter equally between prepared pans.
- 3 of 3 Bake in preheated 350 degrees F oven for 30 minutes or until a wooden pick inserted in centers comes out clean. Cool cakes in pans on wire racks for 10 minutes. Invert cakes onto racks and cool completely.
To prepare frosting:
- 1 of 2 Beat cream, powdered sugar, rind and juice in large bowl just until stiff peaks form.
- 2 of 2 Place 1 cake layer on plate. Spread top with frosting. Top with second layer. Frost top and sides of cake. Decorate with berries and fruit leather.
Servings Per Recipe: 12
Per Serving: 48 g carb., 5 g pro., 470 kcal cal., 153 mg sodium, 154 mg chol., 29 g Fat, total