Gingerbread Tunnel Cake
- 1 of 2 In medium-size bowl, beat cream cheese on medium speed until smooth. Beat in egg, sugar, flour, vanilla and ginger until blended.
- 2 of 2 Heat oven to 350 degrees F. Lightly coat 12-cup bundt pan with nonstick cooking spray.
- 1 of 5 In medium-size bowl, whisk together flour, ginger, baking soda, cinnamon, salt and cloves.
- 2 of 5 In large bowl, beat together butter and both sugars until smooth and creamy, about 2 minutes. Beat in the molasses, scraping down side of bowl. Add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition.
- 3 of 5 On low speed, beat in flour mixture alternately with milk in 3 additions, beginning and ending with flour.
- 4 of 5 Pour half the batter into prepared bundt pan. Transfer filling to small plastic bag; snip off small piece from corner. Pipe filling in ring into center of pan, trying to keep filling from touching side of pan. Top with remaining batter, covering filling completely.
- 5 of 5 Bake in 350 degrees F oven 50 to 55 minutes or until toothpick inserted in center comes out fairly clean. Let cool in pan on wire rack for 5 minutes. Invert pan onto rack; gently tap sides to release cake. Remove pan; let cool.
- 1 of 1 Sift confectioners sugar into medium-size bowl. Stir in enough milk until smooth and good glazing consistency. Pour over cake. Garnish with ginger or almonds, if desired. Refrigerate, covered, up to 2 days.
Servings Per Recipe: 16
Per Serving: 9 g sat. fat, 93 mg chol., 308 mg sodium, 1 g fiber, 57 g carb., 6 g pro., 392 kcal cal., 16 g Fat, total