Caramelized Apple Cake
- 1 of 6 Heat oven to 375 degrees F.
- 2 of 6 Mix flour, baking powder and salt in a medium-size bowl; set aside. Using an electric mixer on high speed, beat 1/2 cup of the butter in a large bowl for 1 minute or until creamy. Add granulated sugar and continue to beat until light and fluffy.
- 3 of 6 Add eggs and vanilla, and beat until blended. Reduce speed to low. Gradually blend in flour mixture, then sour cream.
- 4 of 6 Melt remaining 5 tablespoons butter in an ovenproof 10-inch nonstick skillet. Add brown sugar; stir 2 minutes.
- 5 of 6 Add apple slices to the pan and reduce heat to medium-low. Cook for about 10 minutes or until tender. Let cool for 5 minutes.
- 6 of 6 Spoon batter over apples and spread to edge of pan. Bake at 375 degrees F for 30 minutes or until golden brown. Cool on rack for 20 minutes. Run knife around edge. Carefully invert onto a plate.
Servings Per Recipe: 10
Per Serving: 19 g Fat, total, 88 mg chol., 4 g pro., 42 g carb., 345 kcal cal., 119 mg sodium, 1 g fiber, 11 g sat. fat