Peaches & Cream Cake
- 1 of 2 Bring large pot of water to simmering. Cut an X in bottom of each peach. With a slotted spoon, slide the peaches into the simmering water; simmer until the peach skins are loosened, about 4 minutes. Remove the peaches with a slotted spoon and plunge them into large bowl filled with ice water to stop the cooking.
- 2 of 2 When the peaches are cool, slice peaches in half. Remove pit and peel off skin. Place peach halves in medium-size saucepan. Add 1 cup water and the sugar. Bring to a simmer, covered, over medium heat; simmer until peaches are very tender but not mushy, 4 to 6 minutes. Drain, reserving liquid; let cool.
- 1 of 4 Heat oven to 350 degrees F. Grease a 13 x 9 x 2-inch baking pan with nonstick cooking spray.
- 2 of 4 Whisk together flour, baking powder and salt in large bowl. Whisk together egg whites, sugar and oil in second large bowl. Whisk 3/4 cup reserved peach cooking liquid into egg white mixture.
- 3 of 4 Chop 4 of the peach halves into bite-size pieces; set aside the remaining peaches. Stir the egg white mixture into the flour mixture in the large bowl until smooth. Fold in the chopped peaches. Pour the batter into prepared pan, spreading evenly with a rubber spatula.
- 4 of 4 Bake in 350 degree F oven for 35 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the center of cake comes clean. Let the cake cool completely in the pan on wire rack.
- 1 of 1 To serve, chop the remaining peach halves into bite-size pieces. Beat together the heavy cream and confectioners sugar in a medium-size bowl until stiff peaks form. Fold in the chopped peaches. Spread the whipped cream mixture over top of cake. Serve immediately, or refrigerate until ready to serve. Makes 12 servings.
Servings Per Recipe: 12
Per Serving: 6 g sat. fat, 2 g fiber, 138 mg sodium, 465 kcal cal., 5 g pro., 56 g carb., 26 g Fat, total, 27 mg chol.